What is Post construction treatment?
- Treatment of subterranean termites is done by treating the soil adjacent to or under the building with a product which kills or repels termites.
- This treatment consists of drilling holes and filling it with a recommended pesticide emulsion and sealing the holes after treatment.
- Subterranean termite colony may survive for many years and a single colony may develop population containing millions of individuals, thus control is very important as the damage caused by them is huge
- Around 2761 species of termites in the world of which 350 species are found infesting wood in India
Common Indian species:
- Odontotermes spp (75-80%)
- Coptotermes spp.
- Heterotermes spp.
- Reticulitermes spp.
- Zootermopsis spp.
- Drywood termites
- Cryptotermes spp.
- Incisitermes spp.
- Marginitermes spp.
Critical Inspection Areas
- Fall ceiling plywood/ sheet
- Artwork items, picture frames and mirror frames, wooden decorative artifacts, etc.
- Stored wood items, cartons, books, etc. in the lofts
- Bathroom & Toilet doors and windows
- Drainage pipes
- Lift wells
- Stair case
- Expansion joints
- Any earth-to-wood contact points